How To Connect Audio Interface In DaVinci Resolve – In this blog post, I go over How To Connect Audio Interface In DaVinci Resolve 16 and 17. This is a simple tutorial to set up and connects your microphone with an audio interface to DaVinci Resolve.
Here are the steps to do so:
- Create a new project in DaVinci Resolve and then Create a New Timeline with your specific amount of audio tracks.
- Then go to the DaVinci Resolve tab and select Preferences.
- Go to the tab labeled Video and Audio I/O and find Speaker Configuration and change that to Manual.
- Now go to Device and select your audio interface. Make sure it is connected by USB and the driver is set up and installed with your computer as the audio input and output settings in your control panel. Otherwise, it may not show up here but you need it to in order to record and create through your audio interface.
- Then within the same tab go to the Speaker Output and make sure that the Left and Right are selected to your audio interface 1 and 2. Watch the video for reference.
- Then you will go to your audio track in the Fairlight tab and on the right side find your Mixer – A1 and click “No Input” then scroll to “Input”.
- Now a window will open and you need to select your Audio Input and Output. If your Audio Interface does not pop up here then you don’t have it set up properly go back to Step 2.
- When in this window select both Audio – L, and Audio – R then selects the first box of your Audio Interface. Watch the video for reference if you need help.
- Then at the bottom click “Patch” and now your Audio Interface will be connected!
- In order to record in your audio track, you will need to select the “R” under your Audio 1 track. Now you can hit record and start recording off your microphone in DaVinci Resolve.